Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Do we really need a blog for Basics?

Before I start writing anything about computers, I want to just share with you how I got this idea of creating a blog for teaching computer basics.

Naturally, some of you may be wondering why a blog for basics when the technology has advanced to a very great extent?

Let me explain one incident which happened when I was working in an Operations support project. You will be kinda convinced then.

Some time back, We(Me & my team) used to give operations support to the end users of an application. Once when one of my team members tried to help a user over the phone, he had asked her to open a file.

Then she told him, "I'm not seeing any files here. All I could see is some yellow things". Yellow things??? He was wondering what she was referring to? But within a few seconds, he understood. Do you want to know what she was referring to? She was referring to folders!!!


Later When he narrated this to me, for the first time, I started realising that still there are quite a lot of people around the world, who need some guidance on computer basics and windows basics especially.

Even now, I know some elite people who stumble, who don't know how to operate when the mouse doesn't work for some reason and many more stuff like that. Even people who are in the IT field??!!

If you are a basic user, you can expect to get some really useful information here. Experienced and advanced users, kindly excuse me. You may not get anything new immediately from me. But definitely, I would require your feedback and valuable suggestions for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment